Whether you’re a sports fan, a music lover or someone interested in architecture, the Wembley Stadium is just the place that would get your adrenaline pumping. The new stadium, completed in 2007, has hosted several exciting rugby, football and boxing matches. It has also heard the crowd cheering at grand music concerts. Attending an event here is sure to be an experience of a lifetime.
If you’re planning a visit here, you should look for hotels close to Wembley Stadium. While there are several hotels in Wembley, leading hotels such as Holiday Inn London West offer facilities like Wifi in all areas, 24-hour room service, a well-equipped gym and more to make your stay pleasurable. This recently-renovated hotel is not only renowned for its exceptional hospitality, but also has special packages that offer great discounts, making the tariffs comparable to those at budget hotels in Wembley.
Places to Visit Close to Wembley Stadium
Staying at one of the hotels close to Wembley Stadium has more perks than being able to attend an event at the stadium. One can visit these top tourist attractions that would make your visit even more exciting:
- Shri Swaminarayan Mandir: Less than a 20-minutes walk from the stadium is a beautiful Hindu temple. You will need to take off your shoes at the entrance. All the artifacts and murals worshipped within the temple have been imported from India.
- PM Gallery and House: Located at a distance of 3.3 miles from Wembley Stadium, this is famous for its art galleries.
- Oxygen Freejumping Trampoline Park Acton: This is among the most favorite places for kids and is just 2.3 miles from Wembley Stadium. This park has approximately 150 interconnected trampolines. In fact, there are play areas for people of all age groups!
- Royal Air Force Museum: This is a must visit and is at a distance of 3.5 miles from the stadium.
- St James Church West Hampstead: Located in North-West London, this church has great historical significance.
Other Attractions Close to Wembley Stadium
While staying at one of the hotels in Wembley, you can also visit some of the other tourist attractions.
- Sightseeing options: Television Centre, Trellick Tower, London Walks, Paddington Central
- Parks and Gardens: Hampstead Heath
- Kids Attractions: Music House for Children, KidZania London, Shepherd’s Bush Green Playground, London Museum of Water and Steam
- Historic Buildings: Fenton House, Burgh House, Avenue House, Willow Road, Keats House, Hogarth’s House, 7 Hammersmith Terrace, Chiswick House, Kenwood House, Kew Palace
- Galleries: Kite Studios, Louise T Blouin Institute, William Morris Society
- Museums: Museum of Brands, Shepherds Bush Library, Freud Museum, Hampstead Museum, Musical Museum
- Others: Portobello Road Market, Notting Hill
All these venues are well connected with underground railway stations, tubes and bus routes. Consult your travel agent or check at the help desk of your hotel regarding the tourist places close to Wembley Stadium. London being known as the City of Walkers, do consider taking a stroll from one venue to another.