Have you found one or more of those soft and fleshy growths that often hang off the skin? The medical term is Acrochordons but the good news is that they are benign and rarely cause any pain or discomfort. Nevertheless, you may well want to get rid of them. Commonly appearing on the folds of the skin where moisture and friction occur – including under arms and in the armpit region, on the neck, under the breast, near the genitals, on the eyelids or elsewhere on the body.
What are Skin Tags?
Skin tags are small growths or flaps of tissue sticking out or hanging from the surface of the skin. Usually flesh colored, skin tags start off small but can keep on growing larger. Never be tempted to cut them off. This is an unsafe process, possibly leading to pain and discomfort, infection and even scarring.
How to Remove Skin Tags Safely
Here are some suggestion for skin tag removal :
- Apple cider vinegar: Soak a sterile cotton ball with apple cider vinegar and hold in place over the skin with a bandage for twenty minutes. If there is no irritating side effect, repeat the treatment during the day and at bedtime (leaving it on over night). Results should be noticeable after a couple of weeks.
- Iodine: This is another topical way to help remove skin tags. As it works by breaking down skin cells. It is important to avoid any healthy surrounding skin when applying. Ideally, you should apply some coconut oil to the area of skin surrounding the skin tag as a natural protection before applying two drops of iodine with a q-tip. Repeat the application twice a day.
- Garlic: Crushed garlic has been used for many years to treat both warts and skin tags. The method is to crush a large clove of garlic with a knife and apply to the skin tag before covering with a bandage – every night. In the morning, remove the garlic and bandage and wash and dry the area with care.
- Vitamin E: This is another topical treatment that has been used for generations for skin tag removal. Using a good quality vitamin E oil, apply to the skin tag before covering a small piece of plastic wrap and secure with a bandage and leave overnight.
- Castor oil and baking soda:This combination has been used for many years and should be mixed as follows: Two parts castor oil with one part baking soda and rub carefully into the skin tag. Again, cover with a piece of plastic wrap and secure with a bandage. Leave on overnight before rinsing off in the morning. Repeat until success is achieved.
- H-Skin Tags Formula: Easily the most efficient, safe and gentle way to remove skin tags – it is one of our top selling products. Due to its concentrated but gentle formula, only a few drops of H-Skin Tags Formula is needed for each application. Apply using either a cotton swab or your finger. The Formula will start getting to work immediately – safely and gently.
Monitor Your Skin
It is important to stress that any changes in your skin, including moles and skin tags, should be looked at by your physician or dermatologist to rule out any type of skin cancer. Make a habit of checking your skin regularly for any changes. A very good idea is to photograph any areas of concern so that you have a record and can keep track of any changes or variations.